A 24-70mm f/2.8 lens is the workhorse of choice for a lot of photographers and filmmakers, useful for a huge range of situations and genres. For Sony shooters, there is the new FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II, and this excellent video review takes a look at the lens and the performance and image quality you can expect from it in usage.
Coming to you from Maarten Heilbron, this excellent video review takes a look at the new Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II lens. As the second version of the lens and a foundational option in the Sony lens lineup, the 24-70mm f/2.8 comes with a variety of new features and upgrades, including:
- Reduced size and weight
- Two ED (extra-low dispersion) and two Super ED elements for reduced chromatic aberrations
- Five aspherical elements, including two extreme aspherical elements (XA) for reduced distortion and increased sharpness
- Nano AR Coating II for reduced flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- Minimized focus breathing
- De-clickable aperture ring for video work
- Four XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors for quick and quiet autofocus suitable for both photo and video work
- 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Two customizable focus hold buttons
- Adjustable zoom ring torque
- Dust- and moisture-resistant build
Check out the video above for Heilbron's full thoughts on the lens.